When it comes to the production of videos for your business, the options available these days are pretty much unlimited.
Videos are now the #1 marketing tool for business owners however there are still many business owners who might not know what’s involved to create a video narrative from scratch. At New Heights Media, we’ve had the opportunity of working with hundreds of professional speakers, coaches and trainers.
Going through the entire production process, from design to delivery, to create bespoke content has made us realise that there are certain things that clients should know before they engage any video production company.
So we came up with the 3 top questions that every business owner should ask before you approach a video production company.
1. What is the budget for production, and where does it go?
This might seem obvious, but it’s essential to understand precisely what a production company will charge you and why.
How a production company outlines its pricing will say a lot about how detail-oriented and professional they are.
Some aspects of video production pricing to consider:
- Is the budget structured into: pre-production, filming, and post-production?
- Does the budget reflect time spent filming or minutes of edited footage?
- Do you know exactly where your investment is going?
- Are extras and rush deadlines included in the budget proposal?
2. Is there strategy around the videos?
We believe video creation shouldn’t just be a branding exercise. Videos, when produced with the right strategy, help your sales team close deals and increase demand through traffic and leads.
The videos you produced must align with your marketing strategy; and a video production company needs to understand that strategy to integrate your content into your overall campaign.
That’s why at New Heights Media, we have an in-house creative strategist and creative director who will help you craft content that is directly aligned with your company and business goals.
3. What’s your video production process?
Like any process, transparency is key. Since you’re the client, you’re entitled to know what you’re getting up front and how it’s progressing once you start.
Some questions to consider asking way before they press record:
- How many rounds of revisions are included in editing?
- How will they hit their promised timelines?
- How much, or little, will your company team need to be involved?
- Who is responsible for scripting and creative?
- What parts of the production will your team be responsible for?
- Will employees of the company need to be on camera? If so, will they be prepped and coached?
These are the 3 things we think will help you choose the right video production company for your next video.
Interested in learning more about how to use video for your business?
Contact us: [email protected] for a chat about how you can leverage video in your business.